Hey everyone! It's been awhile since my last update, but for good reasons:>) I just returned from Texas last Thursday after a 3 week vacation. There were a lot of exciting things happening: my youngest brother got married and my sister gave birth to a gorgeous girl who was named Lucille Concetta Bonacci. As that's quite a mouthful, I think I'll call her LuLu! But everyone else calls her Lucy...they're both out of the hospital and doing great at home. My sister will be in pain for a few weeks as they had to do an unplanned Cesarean, but she pulled through and is now on my extremely short list of 'Unbelievable Heros'. I really don't think I could've gone through 14 hours of labor, sans medication, then on to a C-section! Someone will just have to hit me extremely hard over the head with a frying pan or something when I am in labor...even shots scare the crap out of me!
My brother's (Tom) wedding was really beautiful. It was on a real Texas farm, but we were inside since it was too hot outside. But with what seemed like 80 people inside, it started to get really warm inside, too. I saw my oldest brother, Mike, whom I haven't seen in about 8 years and his daughter, Brittany, who's almost 4 years old. It was the first time I met her, and she was too cute! Such a sweet little girl...how is she the offspring of my brother?! Just kidding, Mike! You're little, too! ;>)
I got to spend a lot of quality time with my other niece, Madyson, who just turned 1 on Friday the 15th. She is so freakin cute, and cries just like my little brother did when he was her age:>) That's so scary how kids can look exactly like their parents, and also share so many personality traits. I can't wait to have some little people running around who look like me and are ultra cool just like me;>) I'm not sure the world is ready for them, yet! That's ok, though, since I have awhile to unleash them upon you all. Gotta find a guy first....kind of important.
What else happened? Oh yeah! Las Vegas, baby!! Let me say just one thing....Celine rocks! It was probably the best show I've ever seen...really well done. She sang all my favorite songs, and was as dramatic as ever. It was Kim's second time to see it, but Celine had changed things up a bit since Kim had seen it last. There were some new songs and routines, but she kept all the good ones. I have to say that L.V. is an amazing city...it was the first time I've been and I was only there for 14 hours. Next time I will have to stay for at least a couple of days! I did lose $25 on the slots, but oh well. I couldn't leave Vegas without throwing away some of my money! It was bad enough that Kim told everyone that I didn't have one drink while I was there...I had to make up for that somehow! Next time, Kim....next time! L.V. was like the third best city I visited while I was home;>)
Ah yes...the alumni game. Well, I guess I should be extremely grateful for what happened. It rained...a lot! So we drove all the way to Wichita Falls to MSU (where I went to college for those who don't know) in the pouring rain which seemed to be flooding the whole area....only to get there and find out that the game had been cancelled. It was most likely a blessing in disguise since I was sure to die on the field! So, instead, the alumni met the girls who currently play on the MSU team and then the alumni, plus coach Jeff (who hasn't changed a bit;>) ), went out to eat so we could catch up a bit. It was a lot of fun to see the girls that I played with 7 years ago (all 4 of them...I felt so old around all the 'new' alumni!). I'm so glad Cat came down from Colorado! It was awesome to see her and catch up....I'll do my best to get to your wedding next June! It was great to see April and her baby girl...who looks exactly like Daniel! Too cute! All my friends getting married, having kids....I feel so old! I spent an evening with another old teammate from my college days...Angie. Her two kids are so adorable. And Ethan, who's 3, is one of the funniest kids I've been around! He certainly has a lot to say, doesn't he, Ang?! Such a contrast to Addyson, who is super mellow and laidback! All of you girls are so lucky to have such great kids!
Well, if I've forgotten anything (and I'm sure I have! It was a long 3 weeks!) I will add it later. Just remember one thing: 'El diablo is Spanish for...fighting chicken' 'You mean with the claws?' 'Yeah, and the beak' ....from Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby 'Thank you 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus'
Hope you are all doing well! If I told you I'd call you when I got back, I will this week!
4 comments:
Great update! I like to think of Jesus wearing a tuxedo shirt, he looks good but still it says he’s ready to party!
Sounds like you had a good time here in Texas, you stayed busy!!! I hate that I missed the alumni game, I can't believe it got rained out. Thank you so much for coming by and hanging out me and the kiddos :)
Your the coolest sister anyone could have. I'm 22, and your 28...I am the master! :) It's 3am and I just got home from work and won a little money in an online poker tournament, much like the winnings in all my soccer tournaments. Your 'blog' is awesome and thanks for coming to our Texas sytle wedding. Wierd, Im 22 and married...with a daughter. Im older than you sociologically. Is that a word? Good night. Love you! Tom
It's early there! 10am huh? hmmm... I bet your working. Work, work, work. We're all work bees working for the same queen bee trying to make that honey. (ya'll like that? I just made it up) :) Man, I gotta study for my AP test, bye!
Post a Comment