So, we're already at the end of October!! Time flies, doesn't it? Seems like I just got back from Texas....and I'll be leaving again to go back in just 6 weeks:>) There have been some major decisions made since I got back. The biggest one is that I am leaving my job as Lou's nanny at the end of November in order to spend 100% of my time looking for a professional job. I know it will be difficult, but I am optimistic!
The second one is that I decided what area I want to focus on...Market research. I know, sounds boring, right? I mean, anything with the word 'research' in it has to be! But I really enjoy finding out why people, as customers, buy the things they buy. There's a lot more to it, but I'll spare you from the details;>) But I'm also looking in the area of Communications so that I have more of a chance of finding something. I might have to move back to the US if I can't find anything here, which I'm sure will make my family happy;>)
So, even though it is unusually warm here (summer weather for us!), I still love the autumn. With all of the fun holidays coming up, it makes me a bit homesick....how I WISH we had pumpkin patches here!! I wanted to take Lou to get some pictures with her and the pumpkins...til I realized that I couldn't find even one! I bought her this really cute Halloween pumpkin costume when I was in the States and I can't wait til I see her with it on!! I'll definitely be posting pics as soon as I get them:>)
Thanksgiving is another holiday that I miss terribly:>( The four day weekend, turkey, mashed potatoes, vegging in front of the t.v., getting together with family (or arguing with family...whichever!), the official start of the Christmas shopping season...if it didn't cost so much (and if I didn't have my final presentation due on that Saturday!) I would fly back just for the 4 days. I'm sure I'll be back for a real American Thanksgiving soon enough, but I guess I will have to make do without for the 5th year in a row. I hope to have a post before then, but just in case I don't, I hope you all have a great holiday with your families and friends!
So, only 6 more weeks til I finish my Masters! 4 more classes, the exit exam on Dec. 8th, and then I fly home on the 11th (I think...haven't changed my ticket, yet, dad!). But I should be home for three weeks during the Christmas season. So Monica...this time we are meeting up, ok?! I will need to hear all about your trip to Italy! I'll be in Abilene the whole three weeks but maybe I can borrow a car and go to Dallas for a weekend:>)
Well, I have a lot to do in the next 6 weeks...so I guess I better get my butt moving! I hope everyone is doing well, and I would love to hear from you!!!!
1 comment:
Hello freak of nature :) How is my sister doing? In Europe...with soccer as the continents favorite sport? I think ash, mady and I are getting a house out there. Yea..somewhere between the coasts of the mediterranean (spell check) sea the bright green fields of Ireland. But Vatican City has some nice lofts we're interested in. But anyways, I miss you and can't wait for you to come home for Christmas! Ashley and Madyson can't wait too. I hope you job applications go well, but at the same time I don't.....so you can come home :) But I would wanna stay out in soccerland, and I know you do too, so good luck! We just got more wedding pictures from the guy who took them...and took them..and took them. One problem, the files are like 4.4 MB each and it takes a while for us slow computer folk to download it, or open it. But Ill figure something out. Write me or call whenever! Love ya! The master of all who lives..Tom
Post a Comment