I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....in Texas?!
Hey everyone! I feel like it's been forever since I wrote anything. After I finished my exam and headed on home, it had felt like 2 weeks had passed. And now I've been here for a week already! Crazy. I went to Dallas for a 2 days to meet up with Monica (an old high school buddy who just got engaged!! Congrats, again, Noto! I have to use your last name as much as I can before you get married!). I also got to spend some quality time with my niece, Madyson, and her momma and dada;>) She is so freakin cute...smiling so much more than even three months ago. I will have to get some pics of her up.
Then I headed on up to the big town of Wichita Falls to see my brother-in-law walk the stage for his college graduation. Being at MSU always brings back so many memories...all the soccer and studying I went through for 4 years there! There was one time where Kim and I woke up one morning and decided to take my car to go get washed, but we refused to change out of our pyjamas. But while it was being washed, I started to get this craving for fudge. Not just any fudge...Fudge Factory fudge, which was in the other big town of Sherman....2 hours away! So we drove directly from the car wash to Sherman, in our pj's, only to get there and find that they had no more fudge!!! We actually waited another 2 or 3 hours for them to make it before we finally left around 5 pm. So, what started out to be a simple car wash turned into a day long quest to find and eat fudge! Crazy times, huh?
I've also spent a lot of time with my newest niece, Lucy, and my sister. We made cookies ALL DAY yesterday, and had soooo much fun doing it! Just so everyone knows, and to make my sister smile while reading this, my favorites were the Christmas tree cookies:>) So MUCH fun to make! I think I have gained at least 3 lbs (1.5 kilos) in the last week!
I'll be heading on down to Houston this Friday to see my brother in prison. I haven't seen him in 4 years! It will be an extremely long trip (6 hrs. there, 6 hrs. back), but it's worth it to see him around Christmas time. I would think that visits from family and/or friends around this time of the year would help the people stuck in there, even if it's only a little bit.
Well, I'll be posting pictures soon! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season thus far, and I really hope to hear from you all soon!
Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
Girl, I am so excited to hear you are in Texas. If you are still in Abilene give me a call so we can meet up before you leave on Friday for Houston!
Love the update. Thanks for leaving out the leo pards part of the story!
'sup meliss'!
Luv the new skin :-D Hope that you have a wonderful X-mas and that you come back to Genf soon <:-D
Big hugs,
Red.
Hey Sis, Say Hi to Matt for me and give him a big hug. Tell him I love him and miss him dearly. Please check your e-mail. Left an address for Danny and Merry Christmas to U and all the Butz's in Abilene. Love Ya
Hey Mel!
Sorry we missed you and kim on Saturday, but totally understand! Well just wishing you and the fam merry x-mas and enjoy your time in Texas :)
the carwash and fudge story rocks. :) sounds like much fun. you ever do anything like that in CH? except, you know, no carwashes and no fudge, so i guess it would be... going to migros and then searching for the best cheese ever?
happy holidays! i'm glad to see you're having a great time. take care of yourself :)
Post a Comment