Surprise Birthday Party!
Well, as most of you already know, my awesome friends threw me a surprise birthday party on Sept. 9th. My friends, Rick, Katherine, and Sylvia were able to keep this from me for 2 weeks, though how they managed to do that, I still don't know! I always find out about surprises, so the party planners were really pleased with themselves when I walked in to my apartment Sunday evening totally shocked:) Way to go, guys!
It turned out to be a funny story because I was feeling totally bummed out that no one had responded to my email inviting them to a birthday dinner on my actual birthday (the 8th). On Friday night, I was griping to my roommates that I thought it was just kinda rude that no one would even reply yes or no. Then I cornered Rick and K at a bar, where I just happened to run into them, and asked them if they were coming to my dinner. Poor things....Both of them, and Nina, too, ended up going to dinner with me both Saturday and Sunday evening, plus Rick and K even paid for me to go play Laser Tag on Sunday. They must have spent a ton on both dinners, which were not cheap, plus Laser Tag, plus my gift. I still can't believe they went to all of that trouble to organize this for me. You guys ROCK!
We got to eat at one of my favorite restaurants here called Gaucho, which is Brazilian and awesome:) Fortunately, Sylvia and I didn't have to go too far afterwards since it's in our apartment building. So, after a long weekend full of celebrations, I was super happy about my birthday this year. I would have to say that it was the best one I've had while I've been in Switzerland, for sure! Maybe the best one ever!
I'm not sure how many of you received the Evite invitation that Rick sent out, because they used the addresses from my blog list to contact everyone. But some of the responses from friends and family living in the U.S. were pretty funny:)
Anywho, here are some pics from the birthday bash!L to R: Arnaud, Mira, Larissa, me, Nina, Sylvia, Katherine, Rick
Katherine and me
me, Kat, and Sylvia
Mira and me
2 comments:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MELISSA :)
I hope you had a wonderful b'day! Wish I could have been there to celebrate aging, hehe, you youngin'
Monica
Post a Comment