Hey everyone! I wish I could be one of those people that kept up with their blog more frequently, but I never feel like I have many important news-worthy things to say!
Well, except for today:) So, I've been planning this for at least a month, but I've made a HUGE decision. I am moving back to the U.S. on June 12th! After talking with a few people here, and doing a lot of research, I decided to move to Boston:) It was after that, that I met my boyfriend, Aaron...who lives there.
So, I made another huge decision....I'm moving in with him as soon as I arrive. There are many advantages to this. For starters, we have been 'going out' over Skype, MSN, and the phone for 7 months now! So, it will be a nice challenge trying to find out if we can handle each other for long periods of time, in the same space...lol! I think moving in together is a difficult thing for most couples, so I'm sure we'll bump heads more than once as we try to strike a balance. I know that I will go through a rough period when I get there, since I'll most likely feel like a foreigner in my own country. Then I will have to do big, grown-up things that I haven't ever had to do in my life...like buying a car (my dad bought me my only car when I was 16, and I drove it for 7 years til I moved overseas!). Then I will be hunting for a professional job for the first time in the States. I imagine it will be quite different compared to Europe!
My first weekend back will be the toughest, though. I arrive at 6.30 pm on Thursday June 12th. Then less than 24 hours later I will be in a car driving down to Pennsylvania to visit my grandparents, whom I haven't seen for 6 years. Also, my sister and her family will be, hopefully, driving up on the 14th, from Richmond, VA, so that we can hang out before they move overseas to Japan to begin their missionary work. They are told that they shouldn't come back to the U.S. until they've reached a certain level in the language exams, so they will be gone for at least one year before coming back for a visit :(
And, on top of saying hello to my grandparents and goodbye to my sister and family, I will be attending 2 of my good friends' wedding in PA, north of Philly. They are good friends from Switzerland, but met at college in PA. So, I will drive up to that on the 15th, and have to say first, congratulations!, and second, goodbye. I imagine that by the time I arrive back to Boston on the 16th, I will be a mess!! Poor Aaron will most likely have to endure an on-the-edge me for awhile, I think.
I will take a week to fly down to TX to visit my dad and family. And then I will fly my little bro, Tom, and his daughter, Madyson, up to Boston to hang out with me for a week. They haven't been out of TX for a long time, and he has been working so hard that I want to be able to do something for him and his family. Their second little one is on its way, and will be here late August. So, it'll be a nice break for everyone before the chaos begins with the new baby:)
But after that, I'm back to the real world. I will be contacting someone to help me with my C.V. and putting my resumé into the right hands. And, fingers crossed, I will be able to find something by mid-August, early September. Everything happens much more quickly in the States, in terms of jobs. Here, minimum wait before anyone responds to your resumé is 2 months....and that's minimum! After you get accepted, if you are, then you might have to wait another month or 2 before you start....I'm very grateful that this is not the case in the States!
Well, apart from all of that, we're still stuck in winter over here. I love the cold weather and snow thing, but it's just been cold and rainy up until yesterday, when we finally got enough flakes to blanket everything in white! But, after more than 9 months of cold weather, I have had enough! Bring on the Spring!! We still haven't even changed our clocks yet.....this Sunday is the big day. So, it's been slightly depressing here with the weather, but what can you do? I'm sure I will be complaining about the heat when I fly down to TX for a week!
I'm planning 3 trips between May 1st and June 5th!! First one is for 4 days in Normandy, France. I've always wanted to see Omaha beach and the American cemetary, as well as Mont St. Michel, which is not too far away. The second trip is to Salzburg, Austria for 4 days. I've never been to Austria, and it is literally next door! So, Kim and I will hop on a train and go take a Sound of Music tour! Then I will go to Rome for 2 days, by myself, just to eat and shop:) I LOVE ITALY!! And if my good friend, Heather Perry, ever decides to answer my emails, then I might have someone to go to dinner with while I'm there:) But, she's from the 'other side of the tracks' of Abilene, so I don't expect much....LOL! Love ya, Heather....you're my favorite Abilenian-turned-Roman:) Go Coogs!
Anywho, I have a lot on my plate for the next 2 1/2 months. I'm sure it will go fast, so I will try to enjoy it as much as I can!
Well, except for today:) So, I've been planning this for at least a month, but I've made a HUGE decision. I am moving back to the U.S. on June 12th! After talking with a few people here, and doing a lot of research, I decided to move to Boston:) It was after that, that I met my boyfriend, Aaron...who lives there.
So, I made another huge decision....I'm moving in with him as soon as I arrive. There are many advantages to this. For starters, we have been 'going out' over Skype, MSN, and the phone for 7 months now! So, it will be a nice challenge trying to find out if we can handle each other for long periods of time, in the same space...lol! I think moving in together is a difficult thing for most couples, so I'm sure we'll bump heads more than once as we try to strike a balance. I know that I will go through a rough period when I get there, since I'll most likely feel like a foreigner in my own country. Then I will have to do big, grown-up things that I haven't ever had to do in my life...like buying a car (my dad bought me my only car when I was 16, and I drove it for 7 years til I moved overseas!). Then I will be hunting for a professional job for the first time in the States. I imagine it will be quite different compared to Europe!
My first weekend back will be the toughest, though. I arrive at 6.30 pm on Thursday June 12th. Then less than 24 hours later I will be in a car driving down to Pennsylvania to visit my grandparents, whom I haven't seen for 6 years. Also, my sister and her family will be, hopefully, driving up on the 14th, from Richmond, VA, so that we can hang out before they move overseas to Japan to begin their missionary work. They are told that they shouldn't come back to the U.S. until they've reached a certain level in the language exams, so they will be gone for at least one year before coming back for a visit :(
And, on top of saying hello to my grandparents and goodbye to my sister and family, I will be attending 2 of my good friends' wedding in PA, north of Philly. They are good friends from Switzerland, but met at college in PA. So, I will drive up to that on the 15th, and have to say first, congratulations!, and second, goodbye. I imagine that by the time I arrive back to Boston on the 16th, I will be a mess!! Poor Aaron will most likely have to endure an on-the-edge me for awhile, I think.
I will take a week to fly down to TX to visit my dad and family. And then I will fly my little bro, Tom, and his daughter, Madyson, up to Boston to hang out with me for a week. They haven't been out of TX for a long time, and he has been working so hard that I want to be able to do something for him and his family. Their second little one is on its way, and will be here late August. So, it'll be a nice break for everyone before the chaos begins with the new baby:)
But after that, I'm back to the real world. I will be contacting someone to help me with my C.V. and putting my resumé into the right hands. And, fingers crossed, I will be able to find something by mid-August, early September. Everything happens much more quickly in the States, in terms of jobs. Here, minimum wait before anyone responds to your resumé is 2 months....and that's minimum! After you get accepted, if you are, then you might have to wait another month or 2 before you start....I'm very grateful that this is not the case in the States!
Well, apart from all of that, we're still stuck in winter over here. I love the cold weather and snow thing, but it's just been cold and rainy up until yesterday, when we finally got enough flakes to blanket everything in white! But, after more than 9 months of cold weather, I have had enough! Bring on the Spring!! We still haven't even changed our clocks yet.....this Sunday is the big day. So, it's been slightly depressing here with the weather, but what can you do? I'm sure I will be complaining about the heat when I fly down to TX for a week!
I'm planning 3 trips between May 1st and June 5th!! First one is for 4 days in Normandy, France. I've always wanted to see Omaha beach and the American cemetary, as well as Mont St. Michel, which is not too far away. The second trip is to Salzburg, Austria for 4 days. I've never been to Austria, and it is literally next door! So, Kim and I will hop on a train and go take a Sound of Music tour! Then I will go to Rome for 2 days, by myself, just to eat and shop:) I LOVE ITALY!! And if my good friend, Heather Perry, ever decides to answer my emails, then I might have someone to go to dinner with while I'm there:) But, she's from the 'other side of the tracks' of Abilene, so I don't expect much....LOL! Love ya, Heather....you're my favorite Abilenian-turned-Roman:) Go Coogs!
Anywho, I have a lot on my plate for the next 2 1/2 months. I'm sure it will go fast, so I will try to enjoy it as much as I can!
2 comments:
Want to make another stop while you are in Philly?
matteo27Yes... I am the worst communicator these days! So sorry! Got your sms today and I am super excited to see you! We'd love to go to dinner and even more if you have time. Just let us know! What are the exact dates your coming again?? Can't wait to see you! A presto! Ciao Bella-
Post a Comment