So, after a week and a half of hardcore job searching, it was finally time to take a break :) Aaron had bought us tickets back in February or March for the Celine Dion concert in Boston. And let me just say that she did not disappoint!! She is one of my all-time favorite singers ever (and I know there are a lot of you out there that are 'closet fans'!! Don't deny it....she is AWESOME!), and she definitely knows how to perform.
They had an announcement on the screens saying that they would be filming the show for a future DVD, so who knows? Maybe I will be forever immortalized in the form of a Celine Dion DVD....we had great seats, but we weren't close enough to touch her. I told Aaron that the next time I go to see her (ah yes, there WILL be a next time!), I will pay more so I will have a chance to shake her hand! I know, I'm weird, but she is seriously awesome. Her husband, Rene, was there and walked right past us and sat about 20 rows over surrounded by bodyguards.
I was on my feet after several of her songs, dancing and cheering away...man, she is just so awesome. Did I say that already?? I thought she would be singing songs only from her newest album, but it turned out to be a compilation of all of her hits. So, my all-time favorite Celine song (and quite possibly favorite EVER) was sung right after her intro song...Power of Love. Brilliant...I was seriously grinning from ear to ear.
Actually, before she even got on stage, there was a guy named Gordy Brown who opened the act. I was thinking, 'Great, all I want to see is Celine, not some nobody no one has ever heard of'. Well, this guy was flippin hilarious!!! I mean, he did all these dead-on impersonations of singers and changed up the words to their famous songs. He also did a mean George Bush, Jack Nicholson, and Mike Tyson. I was seriously laughing the whole way through....what a great opening act for a great singer :) I know...I'm going on and on about Celine, but what can I say? She is AWESOME!!
Ok, time to relax and unwind from an exhausting day of talking about myself! Catch ya laters!
1 comment:
You are such a nerd!! You crack me up!! Miss you. Amanda
Post a Comment