Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I really just wanted to say one thing....VIVA ITALIA!!! Zizou, schmizou....I don't care if Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother, sister, dog...whatever. You just don't go and headbutt the crap outta someone when you have 5000 cameras on you and expect to get away with it. What was he thinking?!!! French people are so weird...

Speaking of the French, I work with about 6 of them:>) And I love them all...especially the ones who are reading this blog! So they were really not happy Monday morning when I greeted them with a cheerful 'Buongiorno a tutti!!' They quickly said that PKs are never a good way to determine the better team...blah, blah,blah. And then they defended their beloved Zizou til they were almost blue in the face. You KNOW that they would've rubbed it in my face if France had won!

So, I went to watch the game with some softball buddies. I ended up injuring my hand after Italy scored because I was so excited and kept slamming it on the bar...it was a brilliant goal, was it not? Then, after it was all said and done, we left to catch the bus and encountered a city full of Italy supporters going crazy. It was awesome!!! I even called my brother to make him listen to all the madness...whole families jumped into their tiny cars to drive around town honking their horns and waving their flags out the windows. There were tons of people on their balconies blowing air horns, with their flags draped over the sides. The Portugese were especially happy (I'm assuming because they lost to France, they were supporting Italy)and decided to dance and sing in the streets waving the Portugal flag around! I just kept jumping up and down, with my fists in the air, screaming 'Italia, Italia' everytime a honking car passed my way. It was just too cool!

To live on a continent where soccer, or football I should say, is the sport is just so exciting...especially during the World Cup. Now we have to wait 2 years...The Euro Cup will be coming to Switzerland and Austria in 2008!! Viva le football!

No comments: