Saturday, July 08, 2006


Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything, so I thought I would take a few minutes to bring everyone up to speed on my exciting life.

So for the last 4 weeks, it's been World Cup fever over here. And for the most part, I have followed all the games. But this is ridiculous!!! France in the final?!! Is this a joke?! If I have to hear one more time that stupid song at the end of their games, I am seriously going to stick a baguette up someone's French ass. So....Viva Italia!!!!

Loulou has been getting bigger and stronger everyday now. She's the size of 12-15 month old at only 10 months, but is super cute. She has a very strong character and is starting to throw fits, which I will try to put an end to quickly! She is absolutely amazing with a soccer ball! I've been around a million kids, but I've never seen a 10 mo. old practically run after the ball and kick it far each time. She even takes it with the ball of her foot
and rolls it around as if she has it completely under control...it really is amazing to watch:>) The future Mia Hamm;>) I will definitely spend time helping her to develop her coordination and skills, cuz she so has the potential to be a good athlete. I know that all kids have that probability, but she is more inclined to be sporty. Definitely the 'tomboy' type!

Well, I have 6 more weeks til I go to Texas! It will be a long 2 weeks since my little bro is getting married and my sister is having her baby. I'm also going to Las Vegas to see Celine Dion in concert and I'm so psyched!! I've never been to LV and I've never seen her in concert so it's the best birthday gift ever....Kim set it up and we'll be going the first week I'm there. I also, (I think!), have an alumni soccer game at MSU but haven't been informed of anything yet so we'll see if it's still on or not. If it is, I better get up and moving cuz I won't last 5 minutes in the Texas heat if I don't get into a little bit of shape! I always forget how hot it is there when I've been in Switzerland for 5 years, where the weather is more like Denver in the summer.

June was a sad month as I had to say "til next time" to some good friends from school. They finished their MBAs and moved back to Brazil and Italy. It's not easy to find good friends, and I definitely had a blast this year with them. So, hopefully, I will get to visit them very soon! The great thing about my university is that there are so many countries represented, but the downside is that when the year is over they have to leave. Oh well, at least I have really good reasons to travel now:>)

Speaking of studies, I am almost done!!!! I have one more class, in the Fall, and then my comprehensive exam in December. Then I walk in April, which I'm really happy about. If I'm able to pull off an 'A' in my last class, I will graduate Summa Cum Laude!!! I am really hoping for that;>) Then I think I am done with school!

Well, I am planning on working out the kinks with this blog site....not really sure how to make it look the way I want it. So I hope to have it look nicer the next time I update it:>) If any of you have suggestions on how to do that, I'm all ears!

Til the next post....Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there seester! Good to hear all about your exciting life!! Well, I can't wait to see you in August and present the other Lulu to you! Did you get our pictures? Anyhow, we finished your quilt so you will have another present waiting for you here. I miss you and am glad that you are almost done with school. Hurray!! And I second your opinion on France by the way. Nick says hi (and he says he hates the French too!) Love you and see you soon!

ang said...

Hey Melissa!
It's Angie, good to here from you. Arent these blogs fun to do. I set one up as well while I was on maternity leave and my family and friends love it. I'm terrible about mailing pics, so this really helps me out. Here's our address if you want to check it out :) Hopefully we'll get the chance to see you when you come to Texas.
www.theelliottsworld.blogspot.com
If you have any questions on how to get it set up, just let me know.