Sunday, November 26, 2006




Going cuckoo in Switzerland!



Well, it's been an interesting week as you might probably tell from what you see above. Those who are reading this have actually been invited to read my blog...and for a good reason. I realized that I gave my blog address to a couple of people who I do not want reading it. The only way to block them is by blocking everyone and choosing the people I do want to read it. So consider yourselves privileged;>)

Where do I even begin? Oh yeah. My bosses are psycho. Actually, my ex-bosses as of Friday. I will not rant and rave like I have been for the past 2 days to my family and friends here, but I will tell you that I should have left in August after they went cuckoo on me the first time. And the freakin mother actually fabricated a lie that is so monstrous and ugly that I will never contact them again. For those of you who have seen me, you know how I am around kids. Even if there is tension between me and the parents, I have never reacted negatively towards the children. Well, the fat cow said that I reacted 'violently' toward her daughter twice last week (as well as some other 'nice' comments), which is so ridiculous that I will not even dignify it with a response. She can say whatever she wants now, and come crying to me later (like she did LAST time), but it's over. Which is sad, because I genuinely love that little girl. And my colleagues (actually, they are more my friends than colleagues considering the fact that I never really worked in the office...uh-hem, ANOTHER promise that turned into a lie), can testify to the fact that Lou was actually happier and more relaxed with me than she was with her mom. Which could be the reasoning behind her comments....doesn't matter. What she has said, and I'm sure it will continue for awhile, is unacceptable.

So, I am no longer employed as a nanny and I'm officially looking for a real, grown-up job! I am almost officially a Grad school graduate, too! Just my final, comprehensive exam in 2 weeks and that's it. It's such a great feeling to accomplish something like that!

Well, what else? I feel like so much has happened....actually, I have some really cool and awesome news. I found my best friend from middle school, Melisa, on Classmates.com and we've been writing back and forth for the last week! And she might come down to Texas to visit me while I'm home!! How exciting is that?! There are a few people that I lost touch with and would love to know how they're doing and where they are....so that's why I'm practically floating on air since I found Melisa. I really didn't think it would work, or that she would write back, but I'm so glad it did:>) It will be very cool to see and talk to her after 14 years...half my life!

Ok, and for the final piece of news...I made my first Thanksgiving dinner!!!!!! I bought a ridiculously overpriced 13 lb turkey (do not even ask how much I paid...I had to take out a small loan from the bank!) because they don't usually sell them here and everyone told me to go to Boucherie du Molard - for those of you here who know where I'm talking about. Basically, it's the creme de la creme of butcher shops. So I bought Tom the Turkey and went to my friend's house (Agathe, who also worked in Psychoville with the Psychos) to make the dinner. I was so happy when everything was served and everyone enjoyed their meals. It made me happy to know that nothing burned! I said a prayer before the meal, and then Agathe had a great idea to go around the table and say what we were thankful for. It got a bit emotional at times, and it was an excellent addition to the meal. There were 7 of us total...me, Agathe, my roommate Sylvia, Flavia (current resident in Psychoville....Courage, Flavia!), Sandra and her husband, Alain (and, of course, little Matteo -with an accent on the e - who should be arriving within the next week), and Vanessa, a friend of Agathe's. We had a lot of laughs and a ton of food....a great combination:>)

Well, that pretty much sums up my week! I hope yours was as eventful as mine was, or if not, that you got a lot of rest! I apologize for the inconvenience of getting a google account in order to read the blog, but it really does take 1 minute
and I would love to keep this thing going! I just want to make sure that certain people don't read it (i.e. Psychos and Crazies).

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me see your blog, I may have known about it but I dont remember. The only thing "bad" about reading about your time in Switzerland is that it makes me miss it terribly. Too bad NJ is so far from TX or I would come visit while you are back in the US, most likely I will be taking what little vacation I get at the end of December.
Did you get my email about calling my old family in Switzerland?

Mousecanknit said...

and now we beat the crap out of the former bosses, which is a shame because it will have to keep until i arrive in january. i can't believe those people. i mean, really! i'm used to some of the swiss being neurotic and more than a little... peculiar and... french, but still. and the fact that they did this to you AGAIN -- i know that it feels uncomfortable to be in flux without a job, but you are well rid of them and that situation. i'm sorry that you won't get to see Lou, i hope that whomever cares for her next is half as good for her as you have been. she's a sweetie and deserves the best.

thought of you a few days ago when i logged into my account on amazon.com and the welcome page popped up with little baby shoes like the ones you got for Lou.

anxious as hell about moving to geneva.

but it's good to "see" you. thanks for letting me see your blog. i know i saw a blog you had earlier, or at least i think i did, with the pictures from Cannes. was that this one? or am i in a new universe of blog-dom? Rick accumulates blogs faster than I do (don't let him deny it -- i only have three. i moderate another one, but that isn't mine and i'm hoping to drop custody of it soonish... but there are no takers). him and his blogs. *throws hands in air*

how did the interview with the ITC pan out? may and i are pulling for you.

there's always starbucks.... or not ;)

HUGS and besos. time for me to call and be the international alarm clock...

Mousecanknit said...

by the way, my mom says that she's heard of similar situations (i told her bare-bones, no details, swore her to secrecy with the very little she knows) and she says that sometimes the mom takes an instant dislike to the nanny. now, while that doesn't seem to have been the *exact* case, the bit my mom said after that made rather good sense: my mom says that she probably started to resent you or feel uncomfortable because not only were you better with her child than she was... but you're also prettier than she is. so nananananana pbbbbbbbbt to her.

for what it's worth.

Anonymous said...

Hey I forgot to ask, can you add my home email to your list that is allowed to read your blog? that is the account I use to sign into my blog, but it made me sign up a new account with my work email since that is the email address the invite came to :) Thanks!!

eaddy612@yahoo.com