Thursday, January 25, 2007

IT'S A DONE DEAL, FOLKS!

So, as of 4.30 pm today, I'm officially employed by the U.N.!!! I signed my contract, went to see my office and office 'roomie', and will go tomorrow to get an official badge. I'm sooooo excited!!!! It's hard to believe that I've been waiting almost 3 years for something like this to present itself. Doesn't matter....it just makes it more awesome now that it's happened!

What else? Oh yeah, we got our first snowfall Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. It is so beautiful...and to have so much, 4 inches or so, in Geneva, is amazing! I think the slopes will be packed this weekend:) So now, we have winter. It is extremely cold out (0 to -4 degrees....brrrrr!), but I will not complain. I could...but I won't because at least we have snow and a real winter now. Let's just hope that the rest of the seasons will fall into place as normal:)

Well, that's all for now. Just wanted to let everyone in on my big news! To be more precise, I'll be working at the ITC (International Trade Centre) in the DPMD (Dept. of Product and Market Development) under TIS (Trade Information Section), as a consultant on a 3 month contract with a possibility of extension. Had enough of the acronyms? There are plenty more where that came from!

Hope you are all well, and I look forward to hearing from you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, luckiest of all the leaves! Hope you enjoy the job. Did you know that the UN has a branch in Abilene? Me neither. Love you, Faja

Mousecanknit said...

in your honor, i'm doing a little happy dance in front of my computer. :) yup, pretty exciting, huh? just for you.

anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! finally! *hugs*

ang said...

congrats Melissa! That's awesome :)

Kim said...

It's about time! Not really (but really) I am very happy for you.

Kevin said...

Hey there! CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, seester! Woo hoo!!