Saturday, March 03, 2007

Hola, Salut, Ciao, Hello!

So, it's been awhile since my last substantial post:) I'm still surviving at the U.N., and I really like what I'm doing (which is always good!). I did have my boss tell me that my writing is too 'American' for the U.N., so I've now been practicing how to write in U.N. language. Random, I know, but apparently I am too 'to-the-point' and need to be more diplomatic or something. I'm going to try to write my next paragraph as if it was an exercise, ok? Just for fun, and to annoy you all:)

U.N. version:
As more exercise needs to be incorporated into daily life, it is my wish to seek out available activities in order to achieve this. I recently discovered that a Director here is offering karate classes during the lunch hours, and quickly took advantage of this opportunity. There has been much progression in the past four meetings, and I am hopeful that this will continue. Perhaps the most difficult obstacle to overcome is the stretches. For example, as my legs are being pushed further and further apart, there is some concern that certain muscles will become severed.

Melissa a.k.a American version:
One of my main goals now is to be more fit, so I've been looking into all kinds of sports. A Director at the ITC is a black belt in karate and asked if I wanted to start classes (for free!), so I thought it would be cool to learn something different. I'm the only 'student', which is nice because we can go at my pace. The only thing is that I feel as if my muscles are being ripped apart because he insists on pushing my legs as far apart as they will go, and then pulls me forward to 'stretch'. Actually, the stretching is the hardest part of the whole thing!

I don't know if you all could see the difference, but it took me 10 minutes to write the first one, and 2 to write the second version. It's not as easy as it sounds!

I'm going to Rome with Kim and Lee at the end of May, and I'm sooooo excited! I've been there once, but didn't get to see anything (insert story about dysfunctional ex). So, this time around, I will definitely have a great time. And the cost of the ticket was unbelievable! Even for here, with all of the low cost carriers, the price was amazing. We paid $90 each, round trip from Geneva to Rome. If any of you have been there and know of some good hostels/hotels, I'm all ears:)

Well, that's pretty much all I have for now...I hope that everyone is doing well, and I await your updates!

No comments: