Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'll Be Home for Christmas

It's hard to believe, but it's true...I survived my exam. Of course, they will torture me for another month seeing as they will send me my results by snail mail in January. But no matter! In just a few hours I will be on a long flight home to spend three weeks with my family and friends, which I'm really looking forward to:>) Nothing too exciting happened last week. I got sick, and I now have NO voice! I'm sure that, for some of you, that's a blessing from above. But, for me, it's frustrating! I couldn't go out with my school buddies on Friday night to celebrate the end of my studies, and I couldn't go out to another 'school buddy' party last night. I did, however, stay at home and celebrate my roomie's birthday. I talked for a little while, but then just ended up sitting there listening to everyone else's conversation and not being able to contribute. At least there was good food, good music, and a great ambience:>) But having no voice sucks!
Still have NO idea of what I'm going to do when I get back...I will, of course, be job-hunting 100% of the time. But it will be strange to not be working or studying...I don't handle that very well. I have to be doing something constructive with my life, otherwise I feel useless! Oh well, I will worry about all of that when I get back:>) So, I'm going to leave you all here. I should be in Texas 'round 3 pm tomorrow! I'm sure I will keep this blog alive during the three weeks I'm at home, so I'll be talking to you all soon;>) Take care!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like in your email that you were able to specify the last time you were "wrong" lol. Anyway when you (and if you see this while you are in the US, You coming back here to stay?) are back maybe you have a few minutes to speak with an ole friend in Jersey....

ang said...

Hey Butz,
well glad you got your blog thing worked out haha!

Have Kim or you call this weekend if you are able to hang out :)!! Would love to see ya'll. We are having a little party for addyson on saturday around noon and cooking out and stuff, you guys are more than welcome to come by then. Hope to see ya in a few days.....

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Renato.

Talking about doing something constructive, a friend of mine just asked me if I knew someone super cute, intelligent, hard-worker... someone who never ever made mistakes to work for an international organization with a short-term contract.

Send me an e-mail so we can talk about it.

I hope you'll enjoy the holidays back home, I am going back to Mexico this week whoo hooo

Mousecanknit said...

we will find you a job. yes, yes, we will. and we can angst together over job interview. i have two in January (ugh). one's an "informal interview" which actually scares me more than if they just said "it's a big scary interview and we're going to eat you for lunch bwahahahaha." sheesh.