Friday, November 02, 2007


Thoughts for the Future....
Well, thanks to Kelly's heads-up to the lsclive.tv link, I was able to watch my alma mater, Midwestern State University, play against West Texas A&M in the Lone Star Conference semi-final game. I was really impressed that they present the games live on the internet, and that you can purchase them. I had great quality during the first half, but it sucked big time in the second half....I was sad to see MSU lose 1-0 to the stinkin WTAM girls, and thought that there might've even been a little entertainment/revenge at the end of the match when a few of the players started pushing each other. No such luck, though, as the ref pushed them apart!

This got me to thinkin'....first, about how much I miss the atmosphere on campus; second, about how much I miss the game; and third, about how much I miss coaching. Ok, my coaching experience is limited to 4-6 year olds and 13-14 year olds. But there is something very rewarding about it, and I miss that. So, I might start looking into what it would take to be an Assistant Coach at the university level. I know it's not all fun and games....well, there are a lot of games;)....but I think that I would enjoy it, and be good at it.

Watching the game tonight had me reliving some of those moments, both good and bad, from what seems like forever ago. I guess it has been 8 years! Wow....I
am getting old! There are so many, but the one that still rings in my head (and heart) is our last game of my Senior year. I can't even tell you how many times that shot I took, and barely missed, has replayed in my mind! It would've been sweet....if it hadn't hit the crossbar, post, and goal line before being cleared! Maybe when I'm 80, and senile, I will have forgotten all about it;)

From our alumni 'game' (it got rained out, so we went to eat instead:) ), last year: Cat, Coach Jeff, Lindsay and me

I received another contract, which I signed just yesterday.....they really take their time! But, I'm just relieved that I will be at the UN until the end of February. And then the stress will start all over again!

On a random note....how do you guys like my new widget?? It's a NeoPod, and I LOVE it!! You guys can even leave messages for me on it...just click on the smileys:) I have no idea who looks at my blog because 90% of the visitors are in cities where I don't know anyone. So, it's kinda cool that totally random strangers are reading this!

Anywho...I have some big things coming up. Notably, my Thanksgiving dinner that I'll be having on November 17th with about 10 of my closest friends. I'm sure I'll be feeling absolutely no stress on that day;) But I'm sure I'll post pics....so stay tuned:)


A bientot! See you soon!

No comments: